I am privileged to Pastor a church of outstanding Christians who are committed to ministering to the needs of our community, as well as regions beyond. In recent days our people have gathered at the church, spent time in prayer and moved out across the community improving the quality of life of many persons. As I observed the happenings of the week, I was inspired to share my observations.
1. I WAS INSPIRED BY THE LOVE AND RESPECT THE PROVIDENCE PEOPLE HAD FOR THE CHURCH BUILDING AND PROPERTY. They were given to "KEEPING HOUSE FOR GOD." Each day they gave of themselves to the challenge of making repairs enhancing the beauty of the church.
2. I WAS INSPIRED AS THEY COMMUNICATED THEIR MOTIVATION CAME FROM THEIR LOVE FOR THE LORD JESUS CHRIST. Each person knew they were on mission in the name of Christ, and desired to please Him in attitude and action.
3. I WAS INSPIRED THAT THE GROUP WAS INTERGENERATIONAL. Persons of different ages worked beautifully together. In a day when so much is made about conflict between generations, I saw people from different generations working together in the common cause of bringing honor to Christ through serving together in His name. What a beautiful sight to see as they worked together, prayed together and enjoyed fellowship with one another.
4. I WAS INSPIRED THAT THESE SERVANTS OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST MOVED BEYOND THE WALLS OF THE CHURCH TO MINISTERING TO PEOPLE THROUGHOUT THE COMMUNITY. They were driven by the need to minister to others in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. They recognized we had been blessed to be a blessing to others. I saw in these people the spirit of Christ, the love for God's people and a concern to meet the needs of people who were having difficulty with the challenge of life.
5. I WAS INSPIRED BY THEIR WILLINGNESS TO DO A DIVERSITY OF MINISTRIES. The group visited those who were sick, sang and ministered to shut-ins, and gave words of encouragement to those struggling to put the pieces of life together in a meaningful manner.
I have truly been inspired observing a group of committed Christians adorning the doctrine of their faith by serving others in Jesus' name. Inspiration filled my soul as I felt their joy in service, their willingness to be used of God, and their desire to bring honor to Christ. I WILL ALWAYS BE GRATEFUL TO THESE SERVANTS OF CHRIST FOR THE INSPIRATION THEY PLACED DEEP IN MY SOUL.
GENE TYRE (DOC)