I encourage each of us to grow in the confidence of our hope that Christ has provided for us through his life, death and resurrection. Each day he calls us unto Himself as he empowers us through the confidence He instills within us.
Please consider the following as we open our lives to the presence of Christ.
First of all, I encourage each of us to seek that lonely place where we spend quality time in the presence of our Lord. After a busy day putting broken lives back together, Mark shares that Jesus got up early in the morning and went out to an isolated or lonely place to pray. Mark 1:35
We will be blessed as we walk in the steps or our Lord seeking out that place to be alone with Him. As we spend time with our Lord opening our hearts and minds to His presence, confidence comes from Him that nothing can separate us from His love. That presence provids great confidence as we deal with the challenges of life.
In His presence let's not only focus on our needs let us intercede on behalf of others. I encourage us to pray that each member of our Providence family will grow in the hope that God has given us.
As we grow in the hope that is ours in Christ I believe we will experience the following.
1. WE WILL BE OPEN TO WHAT GOD DESIRES TO DO IN US AND THROUGH US.
2. WE WILL HAVE A POSITIVE SPIRIT AS WE LIVE THE FAITH WITH WHICH THE SPIRIT OF GOD HAS BLESSED US.
3. THE SPIRIT OF GOD WILL CREATE AN EVEN GREAT HUNGER TO SPEND TIME IN SERIOUS BIBLE STUDY.
4. THERE WILL BE AN EVEN GREATER LOVE FOR GOD AND OUR NEIGHBOR.
5. WE WILL BE ALERT FOR OPPORTUNITIES TO MINISTER TO THE LEAST OF THESE.
6. WE WILL FIND GREAT STRENGTH IN THE FELLOWSHIP WE EXPERIENCE WITH ONE ANOTHER AS WE GROW IN THE COFIDENCE OF OUR HOPE IN CHRIST.
I ENCOURAGE YOU TO "GO TO THAT LONELY PLACE THIS DAY AND TAP THAT INCREDIBLE POWER." EPHESIANS 1:19