Providence is the name of a special place located at 6402 Campbellton-Redwine Rd. Chattahoochee Hills, Georgia. This place has a special place in my heart. Providence is the name of the church I am privileged to Pastor.
We live in a time when the institutional church is viewed with a very critical eye. So, many today are declaring that the church is irrelevant to the world in which we live. Recently, George Barna reported that less than 30% of people in America attend church. My purpose in writing these words is to affirm Providence Baptist Church as a church that takes seriously the mission God has given it to the community in which it is located and to the regions beyond. I am so blessed to write these words affirming Providence Baptist Church, "A Place of Grace." The following reasons are why I love Providence Baptist Church.
1. Providence takes Jesus seriously. The mission of Providence is all about Him (Jesus Christ, Our Lord) and not about us. We heed His call, "Follow me and I will make you." "Come unto me all who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest; take my yoke upon you and learn of me." The ministry of Providence is all about lifting up the Lord Jesus as we remember His words, "If I be lifted up I will draw all men unto me."
2. Providence is a place of Grace. We are a hospital for the care of souls. People who are broken in body, mind and spirit will discover that Providence is a place where people who have received grace share grace.
3. Providence is a people who love one another. We are about the business of communicating to one another, "what happens to you makes a difference to me." We rejoice with those who rejoice and we weep with those who weep.
4. Providence is a generational church. People of all ages worship together, serve together, study together as they build meaningful and durable relationships.
5. Providence is a place that is serious about being on mission in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. We believe God blesses us and in turn we share these blessings with others.
6. Providence is a place where people discover their spiritual gifts and are given an opportunity to use those gifts in ministering God's love.
7. Providence is also a place of imperfect people. We are an imperfect people, but thank God we are not what we used to be. We are on a journey that will enable us to grow in our love for God and for the people for whom Christ died.
PLEASE CHECK OUT OUR WEB SITE FOR MORE ABOUT A PLACE CALLED PROVIDENCE. WE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOU VISIT WITH US. EACH SUNDAY AT 9:00 a.m. breakfast is served free of charge. Come and discover there is a place for you at Providence.